Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gift Card Magic

The best way to save money on items is to buy them on sale and use a coupon. The deal is even sweeter when the store offers you gift cards when you make a purchase.

This week, Target is offering gift cards when you make certain purchases.

For my business, I use HP ink. I'm not running low on ink, but I know I'll get the best deal when I buy on sale.

This deal was buy two HP inks, get a $10 gift card, and the ink was on sale!

$32.48 for the ink + a $10 gift card!
We have needed to replace our Brita filter for a while, but I never want to spend the money on the refills. The deal was buy a Brita replacement filter, receive a $5 gift card. I had a coupon, so I also took $1 off the price of the filter. 
$27.69 retail purchased for $26.69 + free $5 Gift Card.

Next deal, Gillette razors.

I would have preferred to buy the cartridges instead of the razors, but the cartridges are really expensive and I had great coupons for the razors. The deal: Buy 2 razors at $8.99 each, receive a $5 gift card (and as a bonus, there is an extra cartridge in each razor package)!

I had two $4-off coupons that I was able to use for the razors. So, I bought two razors at $8.99 each, minus the two $4-off coupons, making each razor only $4.99 each. Plus, I received a $5 gift card, making one of the razors free.

$17.98 retail purchased for $9.98 + a free $5 Gift Card.

I do love air fresheners, and when you can get a free warming unit with purchase, the deal is even sweeter. Each 2-pack refill was on sale for $4.54 and I had coupons for both, plus a coupon for the free warming unit.

$10.02 retail purchased for $7.08!!


3 comments:

  1. Nice! But where do you find coupons like that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha - I use a blog called Southern Savers. She puts each week's grocery store ad with the coupons for the items on sale. Every Sunday, I get 2 papers so I can have the coupon inserts. (I'm going to start buying 4 papers - one for each member in my family) so I can get more of the Buy One, Get One Free deals.

    We have Publix down here, which has weekly BOGO deals and then sale items. What store do you shop at? I can try to find a site that matches coupons with their weekly sale ads.

    ReplyDelete